Brigade Qm Fusion Supreme Large Oval Carabiner
Stock Status:In Stock
Click to view another Color
First, Select Color
The Fusion Supreme is a great multi-use carabiner for mountaineering, climbing and gear attachment. The Fusion Supreme has a cold forged aluminum body, straight non-locking gate. Oval shape spreads the weight throughout the whole carabiner. Snag free key lock for faster and smoother clipping and un-clipping. These are our most popular and economically priced carabiners. An excellent choice for industrial, sports, tactical and military applications. Strength tested to 23kN.
When to retire your carabiner:
1) Examine your carabiners: Frequently check your carabiner before and after each climb to ensure that no crucial damage has occurred.
2) Gate action: To ensure that the gate closes completely. Make sure to if a locking carabiner will stayed locked, if the gate feels loose, or gate feels tight from rusting, when in doubt replace your carabiner. Also, before retiring a carabiner because of a possibly faulty gate, wash the carabiner in warm, soapy water and lubricate the gate with a silicone lubricant. If the carabiner works normally after this, keep it. If it is still does not work correctly, it is time to replace your carabiner.
3) Excessive wear: If a large area of metal has been worn, or a of metal is missing, or any sufaace damage near the nose hook or within an inch of the bending radii of the body, retire your gear immediately.
4) Feel around the inside of the carabiner: Check for any sharp areas or edges that may cut into the rope or harness. Any surface with a slightly sharp edges or corner will increase the fatigue placed on your gear. Replace your carabiner.
5) Check for deformation: If a carabiner has been subject to force of a fall, any deformation is a sign to retire your carabiner.
6) Excessive heat: If a carabiner has been exposed to extreme heat such as fire, it should be destroyed and retired.
7) Exposure to harsh chemicals or corrosion: Any exposure to harsh chemical such as acid, petroleum based fuels and etc. calls for retiring your carabiner
8) Discard any carabiners: If you suspect your carabiner is too old or worn for any reason. Retire your carabiner if you are doubt of the quality or integrity of the gear. Ultimately the user is responsible for the determining if it's time to retire your carabiner. Only you know what your carabiner has been through. Check frequently, when in doubt discard your carabiner and replace with new ones.
Fusion Supreme Carabiner Specifications:
Material: ISO Cold Forged Aluminum Alloy
Type: Non-locking Straight Gate
Type: Standard Oval
Gate Opening: 1"/25mm
Strength-Gate Closed: 23kN (5,170 lbf)
Strength-Gate Open:7 kN
Weight: 2.5 oz/70.9g
Part# FP-9318-3STKBLK Black
Part# FP-9318-4STK Silver
Meets EN362 Standards
Chart of Technical Specifications
The kN, or kilonewton, rating measures the amount of force it would take before a piece of equipment failed, as opposed to how much mass it can hold in a static situation. Objects with relatively low mass (like a human) can generate substantial energy (force) when accelerating, of course, so it can be misleading if a piece of climbing or fall-arrest equipment were rated in terms of pounds or kilograms. In order to convert kilownewtons into pounds-of-force (another measure of force), simply multiply the rating in kN by 224.8 (1kN = 224.8 lbf). All Fusion carabiners are stamped with closed, open-gate and minor axis strengths measured in kilonewtons.
Mountaineering and rope work is a potentially hazardous sport. Any person using ANY equipment and gear in any manner is personally responsible for learning the proper techniques involved, assumes all risks, and accepts full and complete responsibility for any and all damages or injury of any kind, including death, which may result from the use of any equipment we sell. When you order, you accept these risks and hold Brigade harmless.
CLEANING PATCH, COTTON, SMALL BORE, 40 PACK
ACH POST & SCREW REPAIR KIT (1 EA)
IR Glint Specialty Patches *RA*
Slip in Style Government / Military ID Holder, 2-Pack
Sale Price: $1.99
Sale Price: $5.97
ACH Helmet Retention Repair Kit
Safariland OC Spray Pouch-Black
ACU-UCP Camo Face Paint Tubes
AltaSHOCKGUARD D3O Superflex Elbow Protection
Sale Price: $14.97
Sale Price: $24.97
Share your knowledge of this product.
Be the first to write a review »
The Bear Forces
Shipping & Returns
Terms & Conditions
Toll Free: (800) 663-7487
Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm EST
Government/Military Sales (800) 663-7487