Brigade Qm Fusion Tazo Locking D Carabiner
Stock Status:In Stock
Click to view another Color
First, Select Color
The Fusion Tazo hot forged "D" shaped aluminum is light weight (yet strong!). The Tazo D features an extra large gate opening with a screw-lock collar that screws against the gate to prevent jamming, providing a secure closure of the gate. Hot forged ''D'' shaped aluminum locking carabiner gives more strength for the weight. It is ideal for industrial, climbing, sports and tactical applications. Strength tested to 23kN. Developed specifically for Brigade Qm to support our Troops and Law Enforcement customers. Choice of Tactical Black or Bright Silver polished finish.
Fusion Large Carabiners
When to retire your carabiner:
1) Examine your carabiners: Frequently check your carabiner before and after each climb to ensure that no crucial damage has occurred.
2) Gate action: To ensure that the gate closes completely. Make sure to if a locking carabiner will stayed locked, if the gate feels loose, or gate feels tight from rusting, when in doubt replace your carabiner. Also, before retiring a carabiner because of a possibly faulty gate, wash the carabiner in warm, soapy water and lubricate the gate with a silicone lubricant. If the carabiner works normally after this, keep it. If it is still does not work correctly, it is time to replace your carabiner.
3) Excessive wear: If a large area of metal has been worn, or a of metal is missing, or any sufaace damage near the nose hook or within an inch of the bending radii of the body, retire your gear immediately.
4) Feel around the inside of the carabiner: Check for any sharp areas or edges that may cut into the rope or harness. Any surface with a slightly sharp edges or corner will increase the fatigue placed on your gear. Replace your carabiner.
5) Check for deformation: If a carabiner has been subject to force of a fall, any deformation is a sign to retire your carabiner.
6) Excessive heat: If a carabiner has been exposed to extreme heat such as fire, it should be destroyed and retired.
7) Exposure to harsh chemicals or corrosion: Any exposure to harsh chemical such as acid, petroleum based fuels and etc. calls for retiring your carabiner
8) Discard any carabiners: If you suspect your carabiner is too old or worn for any reason. Retire your carabiner if you are doubt of the quality or integrity of the gear. Ultimately the user is responsible for the determining if it�s time to retire your carabiner. Only you know what your carabiner has been through. Check frequently, when in doubt discard your carabiner and replace with new ones.
Fusion Tazo Carabiner Specifications:
Material: ISO Cold Forged Aluminum Alloy
Finish: Black Anodized
Type: Standard Screw-Locking ''D''
Gate Opening: 19mm/.75"
Strength. Locked: 22kN
Strength. Unlocked: 8kN
Weight: 3 oz/ 85.12gr
Meets EN362 Standards
Imported by Fusion Climbing
Model FP-9320B-SG-22S- Black
Model FP-9320SGSI225- Silver
Chart of Technical Information
The kN, or kilonewton, rating measures the amount of force it would take before a piece of equipment failed, as opposed to how much mass it can hold in a static situation. Objects with relatively low mass (like a human) can generate substantial energy (force) when accelerating, of course, so it can be misleading if a piece of climbing or fall-arrest equipment were rated in terms of “pounds” or “kilograms.” In order to convert kilownewtons into pounds-of-force (another measure of force), simply multiply the rating in kN by 224.8 (1kN = 224.8 lbf). All Fusion carabiners are stamped with closed, open-gate and minor axis strengths measured in kilonewtons.
Mountaineering and rope work is a potentially hazardous sport. Any person using ANY equipment and gear in any manner is personally responsible for learning the proper techniques involved, assumes all risks, and accepts full and complete responsibility for any and all damages or injury of any kind, including death, which may result from the use of any equipment we sell. When you order, you accept these risks and hold Brigade harmless.
AustriAlpin 12mm Locking Steel Modified Oval ''D''' Carabiner
ID Two ID Badge / Common Access Card - CAC- Holder
VEGA PISTOL RETENTION COILED CORD
Blackhawk! Omega VI Elite Drop Leg Holster
Sale Price: $28.97
ID Badge/Access Card Holder
VIKING TACTICS BUTTSTOCK ADAPTER
KWIKPOINT AFGHANISTAN VLT FOR IED DETECTION
Original Pistol Leash Retention Cord
Sale Price: $1.97
Sale Price: $26.47
Share your knowledge of this product.
Be the first to write a review »
The Bear Forces
Shipping & Returns
Terms & Conditions
Toll Free: (800) 663-7487
Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm EST
Government/Military Sales (800) 663-7487